Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Laptop, why?

Hello,

As I got some free time now, I will use this particular event to write my blog after so many time has passed! My laptop has been lagging a lot since these past weeks, so today I will talk about my laptop (or technology in general) (probably).

First of all, though I technically was a computer science student I know not much about latest cool technology or latest new innovation on networks or stuffs. I admit I wasn't a 'hyped up' student but that's fine, right? Lol.

Anyway my laptop is a 13" ultrabook, which is very light and handy. I bought this laptop about 3.5 years ago when I was just got into uni. I bought this laptop because of the handiness, so I can bring it easily everywhere anytime. Another factor that made me chose this is because my house is far from my uni and I go there by myself using train, so I really need a light one. As I was just a beginner in understanding stuffs like RAM, Memory, etc., I don't really consider the these stuffs and just pick something that looks pretty good, light, and said to have a great specs (by the store's man lol). This laptop worked just fine for me! I could do anything, and since it is an ultrabook, I can process everything pretty fast, etc.



But after a while, I have even more needs and I kept installing a lot of apps in my laptop (for work of course). And then my laptop's storage got a really low space left (very sad right here). Though I have put almost all of my past works to my external hard disk or cloud storage, the storage still got low space left (sobs). My laptop then began to freeze A LOT. Like it freezes almost every time I use it and I don't know what to do. I had to force shut down my laptop a lot (sobs again). My laptop only has like 100GB storage which is very limited because these days laptop usually have about 300GB storage if I am not mistaken. So it was devastating.

The other thing that bothers me is there were times when I can't watch videos from my laptop. I watched drama a lot from my laptop and there is this one day where a glitch in half of the screen suddenly appeared. At first, it only happened once a while and only in Google Chrome. I thought my Chrome had been gone wrong. I moved to Mozilla and asked my friend why is this kind of thing happen. But then, my Mozilla got infected, too! :( Luckily, my friend told me that there is a way I could stop the glitch on Google Chrome. I tried and succeed, I feel great.....for a while. Because then the whole video played in my laptop (even the ones I downloaded) got infected with this weird glitch as well. I was really sad and angry, so I google-d up some answers I could find to fix this problem (IT student's being well played here lol). I found out that I need to turn off something in my laptop so it could work well. I gave it a shot and it worked well! Yay, no more glitch!

After struggling with the glitch, I feel great with my laptop and began treating it like the usual treatment (lmao wat). I have spared a pretty great space in my laptop (about 11GB and trust me, it is a very great amount when it comes to my laptop). But then 'The Sims 4' temptation comes and greets me and I ACTUALLY DOWNLOADED THE SIMS 4. Lol I know it is wrong but what can I do?!?! It is a really fun game. So my laptop's storage began shifting to about 2GB left again and well what can I do?!?

Anyway after some deleting files, I managed to get a decent 6GB storage in my laptop. Though it is an enough free space, my laptop still lags a lot in certain times and the weirdest thing is that sometimes it just does not want to shut down. After I click shut down it just got back to the 'Sign In' screen. This also gets me shutting down the laptop forcefully. This laptop also have a lot of malwares on it and I don't even know where did I get this! x(

All of these weird stuffs that happened to my laptop makes me really want to change mine to a new one. I have been contemplating whether to buy a new one or not. So a couple of days ago I went to a mall that kind of sell so many gadgets, be it handphone, laptops, PCs, or gaming consoles. I needed to buy a printer and I want to checked laptop price at the same time. I want to change the new one to Mac Book as I am really curious with it and my friends who use it looked like they are having a great time with it (ok I know the other side of grass is always look greener but still..). But Mac Book price (Mac Book Air ones because I need the light one!) are so pricey and I don't think I would invest that much money for that. So I am still contemplating on what good laptop I can buy with decent price.

If any of you who read this (I doubt there would be one though lol), please recommend me a laptop please? Lol

Cheers,
A.

No comments:

Post a Comment