Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Struggle with college

Hello guys!

It's 2017 already and I failed one of my 2016's resolution, which is to start writing my blog. As it was neglected, it is now my 2017's resolution! I hope I can finally success with this one lmao. Anyway, happy new year to you all! I hope this year will become a great and amazing year to you all and sincerely hope for your success.

So today, I will talk about the struggle with college for me. I am feeling very stressful these days because of my college and I will definitely share this thing.

College is a very stressful thing for me, not only because of the things I learn in class, but also the environment in general. I was never a diligent student. I remember I start to be a little more diligent on 3rd grade of junior high school. And that was because of my very smart and diligent chairmate. I never like studying, though I don't exactly hate it either. I just feel like if I study hard, good result will come. And that's what really happen though. I did have good grades on high school, thanks to studying that has become a habit for me. Thanks again to that habit, I get to go to great college with a great major. Yeay I was happy!



I do not even know why I go to that college and that major. I will talk about this on a different post so I will just skip this part. Anyway it's my senior year and I will be graduating very soon D: Though I love the friends and I don't have big problems with my study so far, I am struggling with college and here is why:

1. More shameless people. This is probably the worst thing ever in my college life. Remember when I talk in my last post about those who caught cheating on the exam? Most of them are being so shameless and actually hating the people who are trying to make them get the punishment. I mean it is your fault and you actually hating the people who stood for honesty?? I just don't understand the logic. There is also someone who try to blame other people for treating him like a minority when the fact is there are no one treat him that way. And so many other reasons that I don't feel like telling it here. Just trust me, so many people with no ethics and shame appear these days.

2. Everything is on social media. If there is anyone or any groups hated, they share it on social media in a secretive and sarcastic way. One of them is that someone who feel like a minority actually post in on social media and publish it to people. So what? So you can get attention? I just don't understand with people who share too many stuffs on social media that is actually posted for some certain people or organization. Like, why don't you say it directly to the person than being a coward and say it -sarcastically- behind the person. Also, they share everything they do and must be related to productivity on social media. I am sorry but I just don't get what your purpose is.

3. Too productive. This might be good, but can cause stress for everyone who is not productive enough (red: me lol). In my college, being an intern at any company is mandatory on sophomore year. After being an (mandatory) intern, my friends are starting to either apply for other companies or extend their period. They do this in every way possible, be it on holiday or part-time. I know it is a positive thing and for your own's sake. But the worst part of it is they always share it on social media (as I stated before) and that annoys me really. Like first of all, it makes me -who slacks off- depressed on my situation. Second of all, do you even work? Because all you do every single day is posting stuffs on social media. Third of all, what is your purpose on posting it every day? So people can know what are you doing and how productive you are? So people jealous or what?  I just don't understand the motive of updating your life on social media every single day. Other thing is probably some of them have researched all of the things probably two months before the real thing start and it bugs me. It makes me always think I am not good enough, not productive enough, or even a real slump.

4. Money is everything $$$$. Well I know that in fact we all need money for living, but is that the only thing we need? Many of my friends actually search for jobs based on the salary, how good or bad is the salary. I don't think it is good because I personally think there are many other reasons why I should choose a certain company to work with. My friends are comparing each other salary and said something like, "too bad they only gave me $$", "she actually got $$$$! so amazing". "you only got $$? that's very sad!". To be honest, we are not graduated yet and I am sure most of these people do not need to pay for someone's needs. I personally believes that as a student, experience and knowledge are the factors we should get the most for being an intern/part-time. If you really need a huge amount of money though, you can search for job that actually pay you but please do not compare each companies salary or say things like this company is bad for giving me only a little salary and stuffs, it makes you look bad tbh. And the fact that some companies are now tempt people with money kinda irks me, to be completely honest. I don't know but I just feel like that.

Anyway so there were the reasons why college life kind of irritated me. This post is purely from my point of view and will definitely different from other's point of view. I know very well that this post is full of probabilities in offending many entities. As for that reason, I apologize if it actually offends you. It feels good to share things, don't you think so, too?

Love,
A.

No comments:

Post a Comment