Friday, July 8, 2016

Eid Mubarak 2016!

Who doesn't love Ramadhan and Eid Mubarak?
I mean it's full of love and joy!

Hi everyone!

It's the third day of Eid Mubarak this year and I just had to write this post because yay Eid Mubarak. Let me start of with the definition of Eid Mubarak/Eid al-Fitr/'Lebaran' and stuffs so we can all relate to one thing:
"Eid al-Fitr (Arabicعيد الفطر‎‎ ʻĪd al-FiṭrIPA: [ʕiːd al fitˤr], "festival of breaking of the fast"),[2] is an important religious holiday celebrated by Muslims worldwide that marks the end of Ramadan, the Islamic holy month of fasting (sawm)." (Wikipedia)
(Yes, I know Wiki is not a proper reference but the definition is simple, easy to understand, and not bad.)



People celebrate the festival in different ways, but they do have things in common about the festival though. The common things are; the festival started with Eid prayer, the festival is all about apologizing and forgiving each other for the mistakes ever done, and the festival is also about meeting the relatives.

Now that we have talked about the festival in general, let me tell ya about how I spent this year's Eid al-Fitr.
(gonna warn you first that my story is all about eating)

On the day (first day) of Eid al-Fitr, my family and I start the day with Eid prayer in the mosque and went to eat the Eid food, which are ketupat/lontong, opor ayam, and stuffs I can write one long post just to describe those (I won't do that though :p ). After eating joyfully (lmao what) we go to my dad's side granddad and grandma to celebrrrate the festival and eat some more. We then go to my mom's side granddad and grandma to celebrate again and of course, eat some more.
(ugh so not interesting)

The second day of Eid al-Fitr, my family and I went to my mom's side granddad and grandma again to meet the old friends and distant relatives. We spent the whole day at the house meeting people and eating (again lol). And one other thing, we spent lots of time taking good family pictures when the lightning game is strong yo. I gotta admit even sometimes it gets annoying to meet other people with tons of basic questions asked to me, it is actually nice to talk with people we rarely met in daily basis :)
(so not interesting part 2)

Just realize that I suck at storytelling but anyway happy Eid al-Fitr and minal aidin wal faidzin :)

See ya!
A.


*I was going to post longer than this but y know I am so lazyyyyye
(((will probably edit later when I am in the mood)))

No comments:

Post a Comment